Sunday, April 20, 2008

Best Laid Plans

I was so looking forward to this weekend. Not sure why as it wasn't particularly stressful or busy, but this week left me completely exhausted. By Friday night I was running on empty, and unfortunately our computer system had a mini-crash. Not the full fledged meltdown of a few months ago but it was bad enough that I couldn't fix it on my own. I had to call tech support and spent the first two hours of my shift trying to help them ascertain the problem over the phone and getting it fixed. Which I did, but I think that was all the crisis management energy I had left. I spent the bulk of that night and yesterday chatting and making lists for next week. Hopefully I'll be more energetic by then.


So my plan today was to go out and enjoy the spring weather with Jet on a long walk and some time in Tompkin's Square park looking for shirtless Latin boys. Alas, the weather didn't cooperate and took about a 20 degree drop overnight. I must have sensed it because I shut off the alarm clock and slept until almost 1:00 this afternoon. I got out of bed almost as creaky and tired as I got in. I quickly decided the park was out, and spent the bulk of the day working on some photography projects I've been meaning to get to.


I framed the shot of me and my bff Bill, and printed out some new b&w images I made for the kitchen hallway. I also spent a good deal of time deleting files and photographs I don't think I'll ever have use for. While I was going through things I ran across this picture I don't think I ever posted. We hosted a private party several months ago for a gay male couple that were about to finalize an adoption. Not the kind of gay shower I'm used to having but nice nonetheless. Of course, being gay dads they had the event catered and decorated. It's our way. In addition to all the fresh flowers and freely flowing Pinot Grigio one of the decorators brought in hundreds of stuffed animals. They were all over the tables and on the bar and wired to the railings. I think they even made party favors out of them. They had so many stuffed animals that they simply ran out of places to put them. Or so you would think. You know you're at a gay baby shower when:

No comments: