Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Round For The House

I've spent the last couple of weeks developing a non-alcoholic drink menu for the restaurant. It really has very little to do with the fact that I no longer drink. It's just that I've become aware that non-alcoholic cocktails have become very popular for people that either don't drink or don't want to get drunk as well as for underage restaurant patrons. And we get more than our share of those. The karaoke concept is very popular with young people and teens. And the fact that American Idol is such a phenomenon makes everyone willing to potentially make an ass of themselves on stage. So it makes sense that we would want to come up with an overpriced glorified juice menu to overcharge the masses with. And a lot of our parents are of the "My Super Sweet Sixteen" ilk. Why indulge when you can over-indulge?

"I want a feast. I want a bean feast!"

And if Tiffany-Amber wants a $7 lychee puree and cranberry with fresh ginger root because I thought it up and named it a "Teen Idol" than by god she'll have one. At least, that's what I'm counting on. I printed the final menu tonight and it will be out on Wednesday.




In Other News...

I got bit by Mr. Tails the other night after work. I totally blame myself, and my roommate for not taking care of her dog. So I'm not mad at the little fucker.

No comments: