Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I have taken the entire last weekend of the summer off from work. I'm not due back in until Tuesday afternoon. The weekend won't be all fun and games. There's the serious matter of a visit by the family to deal with. My brother, sister, their mates along with my 13 year old niece all rolled in to town yesterday around lunchtime. It is my niece's first trip to the city. And the pressure is on to create a good impression and make sure she has a wonderful time. I think day one was successful after an unfortunate incident with some Coney Island bumper cars and a broken pair of sunglasses. Today's agenda includes more shopping (yay!) and a trip to the Central Park Zoo, and finally a Yankees game. I've already taken some pictures and I'm sure this will lead to some great, if not borderline tragic, stories. One thing. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I ended up singing karaoke live on stage, broadcast on a jumbotron across all of Broadway. There's video. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Have a great weekend all!

No comments: