Thursday, June 09, 2005

What A Nice (Sweaty) Day

Unlike many others around here, you won't be finding me complaining about the heat that finally came to NYC. Bring it. I love it. It seems we're skipping spring altogether this year. It happens that way sometimes. After spending my formative years freezing my ass off every winter in Buffalo, a day or two of sauna like weather is a walk in the park. I will tell you that it got so hot in my living room that the tapered candles melted and bent over. And while I didn't have time for a walk in the park today, I did manage to catch up on a few things. The bills are paid, with the exception of that pesky rent. Luckily, I have the rare landlord that seems to not care one whit when during the month I send in the rent. So I usually just wait until the 14th when The Hellcat's welfare check arrives rather than front his share on the 1st.

I pulled out all of my Barbie Dream Fashions for the summer. I needed to see what I had and what still fit. I'm happy to report that not only was nothing too tight, but I probably won't be able to wear several pairs of shorts. They slip right over my hips if I tug at them. Who says there's nothing good about "The AIDS"? I kid, I kid. It's the after effect of my South Beach diet days. I'm Susan Lucci petite. But not Olsen Twins petite. In any event, while pulling out all my summer clothes I made a few discoveries. The two pairs of linen pants I couldn't find had been stored with the summer clothing. It makes sense after the fact, as linen is a more summer fabric. I have no memory of where I acquired the yellow Nautica capri jeans, but I love them, they are SOOOO gay. Where the powder blue cotton pants came from is anyone's guess. What I do remember, now, is buying the two pairs of cargo shorts towards the end of last summer. The sale tags are still on them. So it looks like a big spring shopping spree won't be necessary. Sweet. For once my shopping "disorder" pays off.

Most importantly, I made it back to the gym today. A half-hour of cardio and a half-hour on abs. Tomorrow I go back and hit the weights and more cardio. I want to put regular training back into my schedule, and see if it makes work less painful. I doubt it will work, but I want to give it a chance. If I'm quitting, I want it to be because I couldn't integrate the job with my life. Not because I'm being a whiny baby.

No comments: