Saturday, June 04, 2005

Stuff

I'm enjoying a brief respite from the cluster fuck my life has become (despite that opening, I'm really in a pretty good mood). Both The Hellcat and The Ex are out of town. The Ex is down in Florida, attending that Gay Disney weekend they have every year. I don't know. Something about "The Gays" throwing their "Gay Dollars" into the corporate coffers of "The Man" has always bugged me a bit. Of course, it's not at all lost on me that a demonstration for "The Man" of what throwing our "Gay Dollars" at something actually translates into in terms of real dollars, and how Disney now openly solicits Gay Weekend business in the face of continued, albeit laughingly lame, protest could be a positive thing. Here's a heretofore unknown fun fact about me: I've never been to Disney anything. Not Land, not World, not even Euro. That could explain some of my resentment. The Hellcat has gone home to Cali. Considering he on da Welfare, he travels much more extensively than I do. Supposedly, he'll be gone for 10 days, cleaning out some storage and taking care of some financial matters. I have visions of dozens of UPS boxes showing up in a couple of weeks here. If it happens, he's just going to have to turn right around and find storage here in the city.

I bought an adapter for my computer that allows you to watch TV on your PC. It's not a card it's external. I've actually had it for a couple of weeks. When I first hooked it up I got no picture at all. I had to rig it by bypassing the cable box, but that just gave me about a dozen stations. As I always do, I was worrying the problem in the background of my brain ever since. I concocted several scenarios as to how to solve the issue. After almost two weeks, something popped into my head. I wonder if I need to turn the cable box "on"? *sigh* It's working perfectly now. I'm smart and an idiot. It's two, two, two mints in one.

My job has played havoc with all of my schedules. Eating included. I had breakfast today at 4 pm. I finally got hungry again around 11. But I didn't want to eat because a meal will keep me up for hours. And I need to be up to open the restaurant. So for dinner I'm having bloody marys... What?

No comments: