Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sometimes My Job Doesn't Totally Suck



Every once in a while we book a show I get really excited about. I may have missed most of gay pride this year, but I did get to see a kick-ass show. We booked Pat Benatar for a two night stay. And while the potential was there for another "Washed up 80's icon" tour, it was anything but. Ms. Benatar rocked! And she looked faaaaabulous doing it. Seriously, I got right up close directly next to the stage and she looks great. She did a good one and a half hour set with a small band that managed a big sound. After a slower start the last half hour as well as the ensuing encore took off and brought the audience to their feet repeatedly. I was very happy when she launched into "Shadows Of The Night". I loved the stripped down version of "Invincible". I'd forgotten what a great song "We Belong" was. And yes, by the end of the set she gave us "Heartbreaker" and "Love Is A Battlefield". I found out that she's a Greenpoint born and Long Island raised native. When she launched into "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" I didn't care. I sang along with the rest of the audience. She was sexy and sassy and her voice was fucking great. If Ms. Benatar happens to come to your town, trust me, go see the show. It was fucking awesome. A ton of people brought her flowers, and in such an intimate setting they handed them right to her during the show. Some got left behind and ended up in my kitchen. Thanks, audience and thank you, Pat Benatar. Great show.


I know, I know, the jail story. Tomorrow, I promise.

No comments: