Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Couldn't Resist

Which X-Men member are you?

You scored as Cyclops. Codename: Cyclops
Full Name: Scott Summers
Mutant Powers: Optic blasts of intense light-beams.

Scott Summers was an early follower of Xavier's dream and a mutant that suffered all his life.As a young boy, Scott and his brother, Alex Summers, were with his parents on a plane of his dad. But then, a SHIAR ship destroyed the plane, capturing both Scott´s mother and father. Just before being kidnapped, Scott´s father, Major Christopher Summers, gave a parachute to his sons and dropped them out of the plane. The ´chute didn´t open, and Scott first manifested his mutant powers, as he used his optic blasts to slow down the fall. The boys were found in a forest, sleeping. Alex was adopted by a family, but Scott was sent to an orphanage, that was owned by Nathaniel Essex, a.k.a. Mr. Sinister. Sinister discovered the genetical potential that lay within Scott, and began to make experiments on him. Many years later, Charles Xavier found Scott by using Cerebro, and took him away from the orphanage. Before he left, Sinister took away Scott's memories of his time there.

Cyclops was a member of the original five X-men, and there he fell in love with another teammate, Marvel Girl, or Jean Grey. Eventually, he met his brother, Alex, who now went by the name of Havok, and later his father, who now called himself Cosair and was leader of an alien vessel that fought in space.


Cyclops


80%

Jean Grey


65%

Beast


65%

Storm


65%

Wolverine


65%

Archangel


60%

Banshee


60%

Professor X


60%

Nightcrawler


60%

Shadowcat


55%

Colossus


40%

Rogue


40%

Iceman


15%

Which X-Men member are You?
created with QuizFarm.com


On a related tip, I'm going home to Buffalo next month. I'm having my massive (fer real) comic book collection shipped back to New York City. I intend to join it with my much smaller New York collection. I will catalogue it and then I will sell it all. Hopefully I can get a comic book store to give me one price but it might be too big. And I might get more money creating an EBay site and sell it off piecemeal. I was a collector for the joy I got from reading comics but I always always had the intent of making a collection and selling it off. It will do me no good if I wait another 10 or 20 years. We need a down payment for a home. We sell the family jewels. Even if the jewels are comic books.

No comments: