Monday, June 07, 2004

Update:

The Hellcat called in around 3am as I was closing up. It was a shockingly horrific cell phone connection where we were only able to confirm who we were and communication would not be possible with this connection, but even getting every third word I managed to hear the words "I'm OK." which is all I really wanted to hear.

Coincidentally, I heard from the other half of the original Hellcats today. He left our employ after securing a teaching position at a major East Coast conservatory. For now, he's spending the summer slingin' hootch in Provincetown. Interestingly, he's considering tabling the hallowed halls of education for a roll of the dice in Lost Wages. And why does this information not suprise me one bit? Damn these premonitions!

Update: Part Deux

It's Tuesday, June 8 2:36am

I bought the cutest little plant stem faux metal candleholder. I attached a glass shade with a metal insert that holds the candle. As the candle burns down the shade ... slowly... lowers. It's in my open bedroom window and it's quite beautiful. The traffic on Second Avenue is sporadic and largely quiet. Note to self: The cost of peace and tranquility is $7.00. (Candle not included)

I had a long conversation with The Hellcat today. Drugs may have been consumed this weekend but it wasn't the headfirst jump into a vat of crystal I had feared. Rather it was a case of Jabba The Drunk causing needless drama and The Hellcat finally deciding that enough was enough and on the ferry ride over from Jersey he had a moment of clarity and decided to voluntarily step off the hamster wheel. He did in fact leave me a message at the time (I didn't get it), and I did in fact leave him a message on Saturday that he didn't get. So apparently cell phone service between here and Hawaii (not important) works fine but between New York City and Fire Island, NY (where he went to decompress), not so much. In any event, while I hope that the story of my friendship with The Hellcat will continue, his tenure as an employee is well and truly done. Most importantly he's safe and sound and he will live to tie up and piss on a hairless bottom boy another day. And there was much celebration throughout the land.....

No comments: