Monday, June 21, 2004

Ring! In Which Yours Truly Phones It In..

Hi Pappa! ... It's Tom...I'm fine, just calling to wish you a happy Father's Day. I'm sorry it's so late but I had a very busy day... Well, I closed the bar and got home by a little after 5 am. Went to bed around 5:30 and inexplicably woke up again by 11:30.... No, I haven't been sleeping well lately, Dad. I don't know, I mean I sleep OK just not for very long. 5, 6 hours and then I'm awake again.... no, I don't take naps. Hey, remember when I would get all like narcoleptic when I was a kid when something would upset me? I would spend the afternoon cutting the lawn without being told and you would come home from work and point out all the mistakes? I was 12. Then you would yell at me for something and I would start to cry and then you would threaten to really give me something to cry about and then I would run up to my room and have some sort of a mini seizure and pass out for four or five hours? Remember?.... yeah, good times. Good times.

Anyway, so I got up even though my body didn't want to but my brain said go. Which was cool because we had made tentative brunch plans for today. I say tentative only because I was doubtful I'd be up in time, what with being drunk and all, but here I was, waiting for The Hellcat and his boyfriend (Hellkitten?) to get up. We were supposed to meet for brunch at 1 and it was after noon when they stirred. I found out later they had been fucking all morning so there's up, and then there's "up", eh Dad?(wink).I think they're all over each other because that's what they do, number one, and number two this is the first time The Hellcat has lived in such close proximity to The Hellkitten and I think they're enjoying being able to see each other virtually at will as they're now only separated by what amounts to a few blocks. Anyway, the Hellkitten headed for his place to change and we did the same....
What? Oh, I put on a jockstrap, jeans, Timberlands and a wife-beater. I tried to find a cockring from The Hellcat's toy chest but I didn't see one....No Dad, that's not normal brunch wear we were dressing for the day, I'll get to it be patient. But it was closer to 1:30 before we headed out to meet for brunch. Late again.

We had a table reserved at Lips and hopped in a cab and pulled up around 1:45... Yeah, they're in drag on Sunday afternoon.... No, it wasn't very busy. I guess a gay drag bar isn't the destination of choice when it comes to Father's Day...I know, weird huh? Anyway brunch was Me, The Hellcat and his kitten and The Hellcat's two friends from Cali. The Food was OK. I had the steak and eggs. A touchy dish because invariably of the two ingredients (steak, eggs) if one is bad well.... in this case it was the steak. Whatever they're using for steak mine was really really a tough cut of meat and way too hard to chew and swallow this early in the day. I was forced to wash it all down with two bloody marys. Drinking with breakfast is a lot of fun, Dad.

After brunch was eaten the afternoon drag show started. Or rather, I was dragged into the drag show. The incomparable Kenny Dash acting as brunch hostess pulled me up with her and proceeded to strip off my shirt, then my wife-beater. There I was, nipples to the wind in front of everyone.... what could I do, Dad? I started to take off my pants. Apparently I was selected to be the "man auction" that day. I wasn't hopeful and sure enough I think I went as high as 18 dollars and some coupons but what the hell, a date's a date. But there's a picture of me, shirtless, in the middle of a restaurant while a 250lb drag queen pulls a fistfull of my jockstrap out for everyone to see.... Dad? Are you crying?

After brunch played out our party minus one headed towards 28th St. and the new location for Folsom Street East. Ironic that it falls on Daddy's day, no? This was my first visit to what amounts to a leather block party and no, Dad, I'm not thinking of adding leather bottom to my list of identities but while the leather S/M thing doesn't turn me off, it just doesn't yank my crank so I hardly ever get much exposure to it. I even tried on a harness borrowed from The Hellcat before we left the apartment. I took one look in the mirror and laughed. It's so. Not. Me. It was my first trip to The Eagle as well. I've been too chicken-shit to go at night or alone. So good news, Dad, I've been to my first leather bar. Butt plugs all around!

Of course, I think due to my lack of sleep I forgot to bring my camera to document all this and I didn't have the desire to buy a disposable replacement so I have absolutely no pictures of any of it but I promise to tow the digicam around with me on my Gay Prideapalooza tour of NYC for the rest of the week. If it helps, you can check out this 20 page photo spread of pictures from Folsom Sreet 2002, that I found. Daddy, meet my new Daddy. The rest of the afternoon we walked in and around The Eagle. I decided I want to improve my own collection of "rubber friends" as I've been using the same two for a while now.... oh come on now, Dad! Don't make like you've never lubed up a 10 inch molded rubber cock and shoved it up your own ass before. We've matured past that by now.

But it did start getting late, and I started to think I ought to get up to The Wrinkle Room. My shift did start an hour and a half ago. I guess I figured I'd seen enough for one day shortly before I made my exit. We were standing near one of the bars where The Hellcat had purchased a couple of beers. The Hellkitten of course being all over him. It was with a mixture of amazement and amusement that I suddenly looked down to see that right there in the middle of the bar The Hellkitten had pulled The Hellcat's pants down and calmly started eating his ass. The Hellcat didn't react, I didn't react, the totally turned on patron next to them most certainly did. It was right then and there I had a thought about The Hellkitten, Dad. I thought, I like her, I really really like her.

Anyway, Dad. As you can see I was much too busy to call you until now. Well, that and the fact that I wasn't really sober enough to speak until now. I hope you had as much fun today in the suburbs outside Buffalo.

No comments: