Friday, October 05, 2007

Leave A Penny, Take A Penny

It was a good news/bad news trade off in the results of my quarterly blood work last week. The bad news ain't really so bad, although I've confirmed with hard numbers my new alcohol-free diet has caused some metabolic changes. I've put on almost 16 lbs in just a few months. The most weight I've gained at one time in decades. I said decades. I now weigh a scale busting 162 lbs. My cholesterol has shot up to just over 200 as well. The only mitigating factor is my so-called "good" cholesterol is still quite good. However, with my family history of absolutely wretched heart problems I'm going to have to get that under control.

On the good news side, make that great news, the iron supplements I've been taking worked and I'm showing no signs of anemia any more. My blood sugar, liver and kidneys are all A-OK. They are apparently screening me for Hep C now as well, and that was a big no. My viral load came in at undetectable again and my T-Cell count was at 831. That's good for those playing along at home.

In short, I'm officially healthy, fat and happy. Except for The AIDS.

No comments: