Sunday, October 14, 2007

Checking In

Just a note to let you know I'm around. I have several unfinished posts from last week that I'll clean up and get on for next week. Promise. This week and next have been pretty busy at work. We are currently slightly understaffed (especially for the busy holiday season ahead) and we're getting ready to roll out a new menu. I'll explain in another post how much extra work that can be. That is, if you're a manager who actually does anything to earn a paycheck. But that's another post as well. Last night, I basically ran the floor as a manager by myself with the help of a very competent hostess. It was Saturday night in Times Square, and while we weren't packed to the rafters it was ridiculously busy. I did a lot of swearing and pointing and serving and several people were physically shoved out of the way, but we got the job done and no one was hurt. A win if you ask me.

Today is the start of my weekend. I've been up for about an hour and have yet to turn on the TV or music of any kind. It's a crisp, fall Sunday afternoon and the silence restores me. I made a spectacularly good cup of coffee. Jet's getting a long walk to make up for my long hours at work the last couple of days, followed by a rawhide that he will take a couple of hours to gnaw down to the exclusion of everything else. But first, he's getting an overdue bath.

No comments: