Sunday, October 02, 2005

Good Stuff

Still working for my old employers. It's a chore but the way to be professional and exit gracefully. As a side benefit I happened to work the Yahoo New Artist Series performances. I perused the listing of performers and I admit I made fun of one. She was billed as the "Hip-Hop violinist" and I laughed. My mistake. Miri Ben-Ari was fucking awesome. She brought the crowd, which was admittedly jaded and also halved just because the show lasted too long, out of their chairs, and I'm telling you, she may be technically a novelty act, but the people at Reebok know what I know, and they've financed the first video off her brand new album. This has never been done before as an endorsement deal. This bitch rocks!!!

Update... Between work and new work and late nights of semi-lucid drunken blogging a milestone was reached and I missed it. My feeble attempts at keeping a site of interest to my tens of readers crossed a huge barrier. At least for me. On September 29 at precisely 6:51:54 pm my little corner of The Blogspot recieved it's 100,000th visitor. He or she only stayed less than a minute. And he or she got here from a Google image referral, as he or she was looking up dirty gay filth. And found his or her way here, imagine that! In any case, whoever you are in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, I thank you for the attention. Sorry about where you live, though.

While I'm saying thank-yous, I'd like to take the time to thank everyone who posted or e-mailed me during the depths of my last depression. It was an incredibly frightening time for me, and offers of help and counseling and plain old encouragement were concrete pililngs for me to hold on to as I weathered the (brain) storm. The worst seems to be over, although I still have a few bad mornings. I feel just fine, right now. If I had to be descriptive though I still feel made of glass, easily shattered. Hopefully, every day will lessen that. My current theory is it was a combination of extreme stress on several fronts. I simply became overwhelmed. I had a blood test this week and will be getting fresh numbers in two weeks. I plan on following up with my Dr. and I will be sure to impress upon him that this was no ordinary mild depression I went through. If there's something I can take that will prevent a repeat episode, I never want to feel so hopeless and alone again.

No comments: