Sunday, November 23, 2003

Here's what I can't figure out


About this news coverage on Michael Jackson. I can't even fathom what journalists in America are really supposed to be doing. I mean, has no one in the last 15 or so years gone to a producer and said "Hey, I think this Michael Jackson may have really gone nuts. How about I do a story trying to prove it?" It's one thing when it's straight news reporting (who,what, when etc.) but now that we've moved to the talking head stage where people just sit on a news set and yammer away and speculate about possible future events is no one going to point out that he may be insane???? Insane with scads of money but insane none the less.

Exhibit A


It's sad that in his madness there was no one not one doctor who told him "No, Mr. Jackson if I do another procedure on you I can guarantee your nose will fall off and you will look like some garish clownish approximation of an actual human being." Or perhaps one did and he just went to someone else who just took his money no questions asked. Or perhaps subconsciously there was a part of MJ at war with the crazy pedophile part of his personality and he intentionally scarred himself as some sort of wierd internal penance. I know, I'm reaching. The poor bastard is just rich and crazy. No excuse for abusing children though. You want a special kind of crazy? Check in with "his own" kids (HA!) in about 20 yrs

I also don't understand why no one is pointing out that known pedophiles frequently put themselves in positions that give them access to their target children. So the fact that MJ has built an entire compound as a sort of giant "child-trap" makes him seem like nothing more than the ultimate uber-pedophile. A pedophile on an unlimited budget.

No comments: