Sunday, December 02, 2007

Saturday Spotlight - (4) Sunday Special

So long, Whoopi.

Whoopi Goldberg has been broadcasting her morning radio show Wake Up With Whoopi from our venue every Friday morning for the past 15 weeks or so. It was on the air either incredibly late or ridiculously early in the New York market, depending on your point of view. Either way, I rarely see 5 am from either direction these days. So while I did get a glimpse of the Whoop-ster on several occasions as I was making my way home, I never actually met her. Several people on my staff not only met her, but dealt with her extensively. Lest you think I'm setting up something scandalous, all my employees had nothing but the highest praise for Whoopi. They all said she was funny and nice and a pleasure to be around. That and she really, really likes bacon.

Alas WKTU, the station that carried her show in New York, discontinued airing her ratings challenged talker last week. And just as quickly, we got the memo that we would no longer be hosting her Friday broadcast.

So this weeks Saturday Spotlight (On Sunday) features R&B and soul singer Ryan Shaw and a quick glimpse of Whoopi at the end. It was nice working with, and not meeting you, Whoop.

No comments: