Monday, July 24, 2006

No Watersports For Me

So Saturday I had plans to go with The Hellcat to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. They were giving over the park exclusively to The Gays for the entire night. There would be a DJ for dancing. I secured two tickets and managed to snag (more or less) last minute bus passes as well. Normally I don't "do" amusement parks. I'm not a big roller coaster fan and I don't like being turned upside down anywhere but in bed. I've never been to Disney anything. Not land nor world. But put me in the air and drop me in water and I'm so in. Do it in a park full of fags and factor in (I assume) a halfway decent bar and you've got my full attention. So The Hellcat and I (running slightly late) hopped in a cab and sped across 23rd St. to meet up with busloads of homos similarly inclined. Unfortunately the weather report was ominous. Indeed the afternoon was under a severe thunderstorm warning. I was hoping that the weather either wouldn't materialize or work itself out long before we made the trek down to New Jersey. The rain that started as soon as we emerged from the tunnel out of NYC didn't bode well. Unbelievably, not only was it bad, it was dangerously bad. The entire amusement park was closed, and the event was cancelled. I guess the only saving grace was that we were only about 1/2 hour out of Manhattan when the bus turned around and headed back.

So instead of a fun night getting soaked in water and dancing with boys we spent a night getting soaked with vodka, beer and sangria and watching boys dance on bars. Eh, when life hands you lemons ....

No comments: