Friday, August 05, 2005

Bloooortch!

I got food poisoning over the weekend. From my own restaurant. It was from a shrimp ceasar salad. It was either from the shrimp or the dressing. I ate around 11:15 pm after a show. By 12:30 am my stomach was swollen and distended. I started feeling nauseous. I tried to fight it off as I was still at work. After a few minutes I broke into a sweat. I couldn't really believe I was getting sick. But sure enough, after a few minutes I got light headed and sweaty and hit with another wave of nausea. I ran from the office to the bathroom. Horrible things came out of me. Out of both orifices. Thankfully, not at the same time. I managed to recover long enough to make it home. I proceeded to throw up and have the shits back and forth for about another four hours as I curled up on the couch. I lapsed in and out of conciousness. I tried to make some coffee for the morning and had to stop and lay down twice before I got it done. Eventually, The Ex came home, drunk. He acted like nothing was wrong, which in his mind I guess it wasn't. I told him I was horribly sick and couldn't talk about the hot boy he talked to and almost had sex with but didn't.

"Oh."

Did he offer to get me some water, or maybe some ginger ale if my stomach could take it? No, he did not. He just said "Oh" and went to bed. Yet another reason why this can't work. I need someone in my life I can count on if there's trouble. The Ex is not that person. He's only good if he needs you or everything's fine. In a crisis, I would still be alone. It would be nice to have someone I could count on.

No comments: