Friday, January 02, 2004

2003 wrap-up on New Years Day
(yes, I know what day it is I run a bar you think I have time to post to my blog on New Years? Deal.)

I sit here looking at a blinking cursor and I’m thinking. How in the world do I sum up this fuckin year? I truly do have so much I’m grateful for. I’m glad that I launched the spiritual journey that brought me here. I doubt I would have felt strong enough to handle all that has come down in my life the last year had I not spent so much time solidifying my beliefs and abilities into a way of dealing with problems and facing your fears and attacking the shackles years of mistakes and missteps I myself had created in my own universe. I’m happy I learned to trust myself and not seek validation for what I know to be right (for me) in others. I’m thrilled that this knowledge turned out to be true and a source of great comfort. Some people seem to want or expect or need me to fall to pieces in the face of the various challenges I confronted this year, and while I bent, I cracked, I wavered, I never gave up or gave in. I saw each crisis as an opportunity. A chance to prove to myself that I was strong and powerful and capable. I won’t rehash everything that happened in my life this year. Hello, weblog. Instead, I will try to prepare the universe in advance by launching my plans and plots from this page on this date.

In 2004 I will:

Re-learn French
Learn the American sign language alphabet
Begin learning Spanish (1st phrase – Stick it in me, Carlos.)
Finish learning Photoshop

In 2004 I will:

Finish details of bathroom renovation
Re-do the kitchen

In 2004 I will:

Go out more. Now that I have learned how to drink like an adult I should show off my new ability to enjoy a couple martinis and not pee myself.

See more theater. I love theater. It’s about as close as you can come to creating magic. I want to see more.

Throw more parties. It’s fun and I’m good at it. I will shoot for 4 over the top fun parties this year.

In 2004 I will:

Find a job that pays me in line with my abilities and experience. I deserve to make a lot more money considering the time and energy I always expend at whatever job I have. This job will be on the books and include retirement benefits.

In 2004 I will:

Have way more sex. With only 2 or 3 people is fine. If necessary, with 20 or 30. It’s more sex. How I accomplish it is irrelevant. Hey, if I have a bucketload of sex with just one man this year that would be OK too. Operative words: More Sex

So that's it. 2003 is over. I made it. Tap your sneakers on the door jam and shake the dirt loose. Be done with it. Slap a condom on 2004 and lube it up. I'm coming in.